Character/Posting Rules! May 30, 2011 14:46:59 GMT -5
Post by ISSALYN! on May 30, 2011 14:46:59 GMT -5
1. You may create up to 3 "free" characters. To create more after that, you will need to purchase them from the shop. If you know you can't keep very active, please don't create a bunch of characters.
1B. All characters should be registered from their own account with the display name as "First Last".
2. When making a character, please follow the form as best you can. If you want to modify it slightly, that's fine, but make sure all the important info is still there.
2B. Please do not post until your character has been accepted. Sometimes we need you to make changes to your character, so it's just easier for everyone if you wait. We're usually pretty quick about it, and if we haven't accepted it, give us a nudge.
3. As you saw from our plot, you can create virtually any type of human here, within reason. Try not to make extreme characters, instead focus on realistic characters who have unique traits and flaws. Not everyone is the prettiest person out there, and on the flip side there aren't that many people who have absolutely no good traits either.
4. Once you're accepted, it's time to get posting! We have two types of posting options: Long Post (LP) and Quickfire (Q). In LP threads, there is a minimum word count of 200. This is really not all that complicated. Describe the setting, time of day, what your character is thinking about. They can have a flashback, dream, or whatever else you can think of. But at the same time, don't be overly repetitive, it's boring! If you've described your characters hair once, don't do it in every post.
5. We also have a new concept which we call "Quickfire". This is basically quick/instant roleplaying. You should still follow the same method of roleplaying as you do with longer posts. Describe the character's actions, the setting, etc - but ideally you should focus more on actions/dialogue than constantly describing setting. It's just in an abbreviated fashion so you can develop more relationships in a shorter period of time.
5B. ANY thread in ANY board can be designed as a Quickfire by putting a "[Q]" at the front of the thread title. If you are posting in a Quickfire thread, we ask that you keep word count to 250 MAXIMUM, and 50 minimum.
6. Only third person point of view is allowed. If you post in anything else and we will ask you to change it.
7. No god modding or power playing. This means you can't control the actions of any other character when you are roleplaying. If you ask them ahead of time about something, you can include it, but do not force an outcome of any situation without asking. (Ex: "Bob ran forward and greeted the young girl with a hug." - Okay. "Bob ran forward and greeted the young girl with a hug, feeling eager as she jumped into his arms." - Not okay. Saying he hugged her is fine, but listing her reaction is not.)
8. Liquid time is allowed. Keep it reasonable though. You should know how each post relates to the others in time frame. If Post A started before Post B, and your character gets hurt in Post B, it shouldn't mysteriously become hurt in Post A. Also, try to be considerate...don't start 10 threads with one character if you aren't using another character at all or ignoring posts with someone else.